An exciting opportunity has arisen to join a world leading global organisation, our Global FMCG Client, the powerhouse behind Persil, Comfort, Surf, Marmite, Coleman, Hellmanns and Ben & Jerrys, are currently seeking an experienced Safety, Health and Environment (SHE) Advisor, based at their Burton upon Trent site. This is a full-time temporary role for 12 months, 39 hour week, paying up to £35,000 per annum pro rata, depending on experience.
Reporting to the Safety and Environment (SHE) Manager, the SHE Advisor will have responsibility for managing safety, health and environmental improvement activities within the factory.
You will work with site SHE team and supply chain teams to drive implementation of the World Class Manufacturing (WCM) programme. The WCM programme require the successful candidate to have good communication/coaching skills and be able to coach employees from all levels of the business. The role is primarily based on the shop floor supporting risk assessment and SOP creating programme and supporting the operational team in all areas of health safety and environment. In addition, you must also be able to lead and manage specific projects from time to time and support site leadership teams in successful project delivery, managing multiple workstreams.
- Embed the corporate and site safety, health and environmental policy, strategy and standards within their respective area through effective leadership, communication and engagement
- Ensure all incidents are reported, investigated and analysed by department leaders and govern the timely implementation of controls and cascade the learnings
- Complete documentation and manage the SHE database for your area and support incidents, near misses, behavioural safety audits and visualise to drive engagement with all stakeholders
- Drive safety, health and environmental risk assessment programs, actively supporting the development and implementation of appropriate controls and ensure all assessments are updated within the specified renewal period
- Ensure employees are involved in and coached to understand and be able to complete operational activity risk assessments
- Perform regular workplace inspections and audits, ensuring that all audit actions are followed through to completion
- Attend area operational reviews providing date for safety health and environment taking actions as appropriate
- Support the Safety Pillar within the factory and in accordance with World Class Manufacturing methodologies and demonstrating a continuous improvement mindset
- Provide guidance to managers on legal requirements for specific safety health and environmental topics as and when required being willing to take responsibility for to resolve issues as well as advise.
What skills and experience do I need?
- NEBOSH General certificate in Occupational Health and Safety or equivalent
- Good working knowledge of safety, health, and environmental legislation
- Experience in coaching employees in health and safety programmes e.g. risk assessment
- Experience in driving a safety health and environment agenda in management meetings
- IEMA qualification or experience in Environmental Management
- Manufacturing environment experience would be an advantage